Jakarta, (ANTARA News) - The Indonesian badminton team is aiming for the semifinal round at the 2018 Junior World Championship which takes place at the Markham Pan Am Center, Ontario, Canada, on November 5-10.
"The Indonesian team becomes the second seeded team with a semi-final target. We hope our team can reach the target according to the draw, which is the final. But we have to focus on one match after another," said Team Manager for the 2018 Junior World Championship Susy Susanti in a statement as quoted by the All Indonesian Badminton Association (PBSI) and received by Antara in Jakarta on Monday.
The national junior team entered group H with the British, Mexican and Austrian junior teams. Susy, who also serves as Head of the Development and Achievement Division of PP PBSI, said, adding that she was optimistic her team could go through the group phase without problems.
"We are optimistic that we can win the group. Indonesia still has strength over the other teams in the group. We excel in the men's doubles, women's doubles and mixed doubles. Men's singles are also quite strong. Only the women's singles sector may be a bit below another," she said.
Susy admitted that the women's single sector strength in the 2018 Junior World Championship is different from the championship in 2017.
Indonesia has 23 junior athletes in Canada who will compete in team and individual category. Team matches take place on Monday (Nov 5) until Saturday (Nov 11). While individual matches will take place on November 12-18.
Junior players competing in the 2018 World Championship are players who have participated in the 2018 Asia Junior Championship which took place in Jakarta in July.
"We choose the players with their achievement, ranking and potential criteria, as well as the needs of the team. We are targeting a title. We also hope to retain two titles," Susy said.
At the 2017 Junior World Championship, Indonesia won a title in the womens singles sector in the name of Gregoria Mariska Tunjung and mixed doubles on behalf of Rinov Rivaldy / Pitha Haningtyas Mentari.
Here are the names of Indonesian junior players who will play in the team matches:
1. Ikhsan Leonardo Imanuel Rumbay (men's singles)
2. Karono (men's singles)
3. Alberto Alvin Yulianto (men's singles)
4. Christian Adinata (men's singles)
5. Daniel Martin (men's double)
6. Bernadus Bagas Kusumawardana (men's double)
7. Pramudya Kusumardana Riyanto (men's doubles / mixed doubles)
8. Ghifari Anandaffa Prihrdika (men's double / mixed double)
9. Leo Rolly Carnando (men's double / mixed double)
10. Rehan Naufal Kusharjanto (mixed doubles)
1. Putri Kusuma Wardani (women's singles)
2. Stephani Widjaja (womens singles)
3. Yasnita Enggira Setiawan (womens singles)
4. Agatha Imanuela (womens doubles)
5. Febriana Dwipuji Kusuma (womens doubles)
6. Nita Violina Marwah (womens doubles)
7. Putri Syaikah (womens doubles)
8. Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti (womens doubles / mixed doubles)
9. Rebekah Sugiarto (womens doubles / mixed doubles)
10. Lisa Ayu Kusumawati (mixed double).
Source: ANTARA News