JAKARTA, Fourteen Malaysians who were in Lombok during the earthquake yesterday are scheduled to return to Kuala Lumpur tonight.
According to Malaysian Embassy Police Attache in Indonesia, Abu Bakar Yaacob, all of them are safe and are scheduled to depart Lombok for Kuala Lumpur on AirAsia flight AK 307 at 8.35 pm.
They are expected to arrive at 11.35 pm in Kuala Lumpur, said Abu Bakar who is now in Lombok to provide consular assistance to Malaysians in the island.
On the two Malaysians who were killed in a landslide at the Tiu Kelep Waterfall, Kabupaten, north Lombok following the earthquake, Abu Bakar said the embassy is still making arrangements to bring the bodies of the two victims back to Malaysia.
The two dead victims are Sin Chew Daily deputy executive editor-in-chief Datin Tai Siew Kim and another woman identified as Lim Sai Wah.
If their remains could not be brought today, it will most likely to be tomorrow, and the cost of bringing the bodies back would be undertaken by the tour agent as well as the Indonesian authorities and Garuda airline, he said.
Abu Bakar said presently nine injured Malaysians were being treated at a hospital in Lombok.
The two dead victims were from a group of 28 Malaysia tourists who arrived in Lombok on March 14 with 22 of them visiting the Tiu Kelep Waterfall near the foothill of Gunung Rinjani yesterday.
Abu Bakar said so far 30 Malaysians who were in Lombok had sought consular assistance from the embassy.
Source: NAM News Network